Monday, September 24, 2012

I've been lying to you.

And to me.  I completely "forgot" about a whole 'nother bill that needs to be paid.  I say "forgot" because I just didn't want to face the reality that we'd racked it up even a little bit, so I pretended that it wasn't being charged on and that it didn't exist.  That totally worked for me until I actually got the bill in the mail today.  $480.  Sigh.  Admitting it means accepting it, and accepting it means facing it, and facing it is the whole point right?  So, here it is in all it's expanded glory:

Total debt:
Le credit card: $8328.52
Le Student Loan: $7294.82
Le Van Payment: $21563.88
Le "Forgotten" credit card:  $470.00

Le Crappy Total: $37657.22

God that sucks, but it's something that we do all the time.  We pretend we didn't really eat those calories in that handful of m&m's, we pretend we didn't really spend that $3 on that latte, and we pretend lots of other things to make us feel better about our situation.  All that pretending is good for is digging our heads deeper into the sand, and we're not going to be free and clear until we admit what it is we're trying to be free and clear from.  So there it is.  The Husband and I are trying to be free and clear of $37,657.22 worth of debt in a minimal amount of time.  Join me won't you?

No comments: